UPDATE: There is a recipe swap that is taking/took place over at Simply Modern Mom
gets me in the mood
for a big 'ol bowl of
Here is a recipe that I hope you enjoy as much as we do!
1 medium onion, chopped
1 to 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
3 to 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tea. minced/chopped garlic (optional-but great!)
1 tea. minced chives (optional)
1 1/2 tea. sugar
1/2 tea. salt
1/4 tea. dried rosemary, crushed
1/8 tea. pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups milk, divided (see below before measuring)
1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 cup frozen peas
1. In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
2. Add broth, potatoes, sugar, salt, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce hear; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Stir in ham, peas and remaining milk; heat through. **I don't always add the remaining 2 full cups of milk. Add milk slowly until you reach the desired consistency. I personally prefer a thicker soup!
Oh my... makes my mouth water thinking about it... I think I might just go warm me up a bowl!
Serve with honey cornbread and enjoy!