Sunday, October 12, 2008

True Woman '08

I returned last night from a women's conference in Chicago. It was phenomenal! Some of you may be familiar with Nancy Leigh DeMoss- or her popular book Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free- or maybe her ministry Revive Our Hearts. Anyways- True Woman is a ministry within the Revive Our Hearts ministry. This years conference in Chicago was the first of hopefully many to come. Being able to experience God in the presence of over 6,000 women is amazing. I was able to go with 8 women from our church, plus meet up with my dear friend Courtney once we got there. Through the many speakers (Pastor John Piper, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Mary Kassian, Karen Loritts, Janet Parshall, Joni Tada, and many more), and worship led by the Gettys, God got a hold of me in many ways. More on that is to come.

But what I really want to share with you now is a spiritual movement that is underway... and you can be a part of it! The theme verse for the conference was Esther 4:14, "Who know whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this." And over and over again during the 3 days, Now Is The Time was stressed... the time to become true women- biblical women - embracing the womanhood that God designed for us. Below you will find the True Woman Manifesto.

John Piper was quoted saying, "I regard the True Woman Manifesto as a faithful, clear, true, wise—indeed—magnificent document. What an amazing thing it would be if hundreds of thousands of women in America signed on with their heart to the True Woman Manifesto."
Take some time to read...dwell...study...and pray through the True Woman Manifesto. (I am still in the process of doing this!)

If you see biblical womanhood as a gift from God, and agree with the True Woman Manifesto, sign it by filling out the form HERE. We (Revive Our Hearts Ministry) are believing God for 100,000 people like you to join this movement!

If you want to be a part of the True Woman Manifesto and have signed the document online, take a stand and LET ALL READING THIS KNOW!

Not sure how to to do this?
1. Post about your decision to sign the True Woman Manifesto on your blog. Be sure to mention this blog so that others can come sign the Mr. Linky also... spead the word!
2. Click on the title of your post so the only post showing on your page is the one you just wrote.
3. Copy the address of that post.
4. Come back here to my blog.
5. Type your name in Mr. Linky, and then paste the address to your True Woman post.
6. Click Enter.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I used my regular Canon camera (S2) and edited on picnik.com

:o) Miss you!

Kenzie said...

Rebecca-

That is an AMAZING proclamation of our faith! Thank you so much for sharing that with me... I plan to do a post on this and will use the Mr. Linky when I do. THANK YOU!

Many blessings,
Kenzie

Krystal Bridges said...

I'm excited to read about this! =) I just got back from a woman's conference, so I'm really interested in this. Hope you're doing well! Can't wait til our next date!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting patiently for a new blog...I want to see what you bought in Danville!!!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

LOVE the pic with the pots and bike. Its such a travelers photo...and I love traveling!
I also LOVE the fruits of the spirit pic. It just looks fresh.
I love your style!!