Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3 down... Many more to come

Three years ago today, Coach and I got hitched! How exciting...

We had a lot of fun yesterday going through the events as they would have happened hour by hour three years ago... the nerves... the decorating... finding out that JT (who was driving up from NC to marry us) was not certified to wed in WV... panic of paper work/faxes to get him certified... getting a call from Bobby (groomsman) that he was stuck at an airport in the Bahamas and would be late... how late?!?...the rehearsal... dinner at the Pizza Place :-)... bowling with the bridal party and fam...Bobby missing the rehearsal but making it in time to bowl... night with the bridemaids at a hotel...

then today... going through the memories of waking up excited... after a night of not much sleep due to nerves... the note i left on his truck before heading off to get my hair and make-up done... getting to the church for final preparations... the fun of getting into that dress without messing up the hair and make-up... time with my bridesmaids (Jessie, Emily, Sara, Lindsay)... 3 of us helping one of the girls zip up her dress... my bouquet arriving ALL WRONG even though i gave them a picture to go by... realizing that my flower arrangements weren't what i expected either... holding up the photographer while i waited for a new bouquet... (ok- so i wanted something small and hand tied with a ribbon- but got one of those long arm ones that they carry in pageants- i don't think so!)... new bouquet showing up with only minutes to spare (still not exactly like i dreamed... but better that that darn arm thing)... mom's purse being snatched and Lindsay's money stolen during bridal party pics... wedding liaison swapping out the candles -we had spent hours burning down the day before so they looked prettier -with fresh new unburnt candles because she thought new candles would be better (needless to say she didn't ask before doing this)... lots of pre-wedding pics without hubby... until finally it was about time... the music starting... Pachelbel's canon in D... cue for the girls... one at a time... then me... seeing him standing at the front... him helping me up the steps in that big dress... vows... Jessie pulling his ring off her thumb with her mouth (haha- looked as though she had held it in her mouth then popped it out of her mouth)... unity candle while Cara sang 'God Blessed the Broken Road'... as JT is praying before the big kiss, him handing hubby a breath mint... me getting the giggles while he is still praying because i saw him slip shawn the mint (i had my head bowed, but eyes were open because i was teary and didn't want my mascara to run)... THE KISS!... becoming Mr. and Mrs... walking out to "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)"... exiting the church under a cloud of bubbles... then drive around the block just to come back in and take lots of pics... then off to the reception... big entrance... lots of good food (thanks mom!)... about to toast and cut the cake... "WAIT! you mom is outside on a smoke break"... standing by the cake for 2 minutes with a knife in my hand waiting for mom... getting a big laugh when she came back in and everyone applauded her arrival...ok... cut the cake... first dance to "At Last" (it was beautiful Cara)... dollar dance... bouquet caught by a very evil woman-more to come about that...lots of fun and good memories... time for clean up and emily's camera was 'missing'... evil woman claimed to have put it in one of the gift bags... finish clean up...

hubby and i off to our honeymoon suite... i will spare you those details...

next day... decided money would be good for honeymoon... opened cards... some cards already open... money missing... hummm... no camera either... turns out that the evil woman who was suppose to be helping in the kitchen helped herself to money and a camera... apparently, she greeted guests at their arrival to the reception and so kindly offered to take their cards and gifts to the table... grrr... we later learned that she tried to help herself to the dollar dance money but groomsman Nick thought it would be best kept with him... thanks Nick!...

off we drove to Peterstown, WV (hubby's hometown)... cookout/celebration for those to didn't make the drive up to P-burg for wedding... good time... spent 2nd night as a married couple sleeping in shawn's brother's twin size bed... haha

woke up early and drove to Florida... long, long drive... 1 night in Orlando with Nick and Martha... 3 nights in Fort. Lauderdale... 3 nights in Weston, Fl... 4 night cruise to Bahamas... it was wonderful- well worth the drive...

and now... three years later... happily married... i am so thankful that God put him in my life... i couldn't ask for anything better...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Becca! Ever since your wedding every wedding I deal with I'm always been super careful w/the cards/gifts/money. I'm so sorry it happened to you and I'm so sorry I went to the bank to get cash instead of writing the check.
Hope all is well! <3 Heather

Anonymous said...

This made me cry! It was so sweet and made me think of what I have to look foreward to in May for my own wedding! I love you and couldn't have asked for a better sister-in-law!

Jessica said...

Holy Cow...I had no idea people STOLE from you (and your family) at the wedding. How crappy. I remember being 7 months pregnant and hot at your wedding! :) It was a beautiful wedding though.

Sheila said...

Awwwwwww! Shucks, you made me wish I knew you then so I could have seen it all in person. And I want more details about this eveil woman!

Anonymous said...

The 9th of August is 5 years for my hubby & I... Its amazing how much time goes by so fast! Congrats on making it through 3 years! I wish you both many more to come. You made such a beautiful bride & I'm glad that it sounds like you had at least a couple funny stories to remember your wedding day. Congrats again! Carol

Jessie said...

Has it really been 3 years?! Wow. Time flies. Inspite of all of the ignorant people who did rediculously mean things to you and your big day, it was a beautiful and wonderful day. I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it. :) I love you guys!

Unknown said...

It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding. Made special even for me because I look back at pictures of me at your wedding, and realize that I was pregnant with Libby without even knowing it. Congratulations on three years!

Alley said...

Awww! How beautiful! (except the money stealing woman thing!) What wonderful memories. =o) Happy belated anniversary!