Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well Hello Storm Season...*UPDATE*

This week, NC recognizes 'Severe Weather Awareness Week'. This includes class discussions on storm safety as well as a state wide tornado drill tomorrow (Wednesday)...

Too bad that that is one day too late! We had (and are still having) some crazy intense storms come through. A tornado watch is still in effect for our area until midnight tonight.

However, the wind and weather was so intense earlier (around 6ish) that we prepared to take cover. All kinds of bells and whistles were going off on the TV. The towns beside and right below us all had tornado warnings and were instructed to take cover immediately. It was scary!

Shawn- being the protector- got out an old foam mattress for us to cover ourselves with if needed. The pic below shows it sitting right outside our bathroom door in case that moment came... luckily- it didn't... and hasn't yet. I will be honest... I don't think I have ever been that scared. At one point- for about 15 seconds- we thought a tornado was coming through... I have never in my life seen rain and wind like that before. Then it just dissipated.

Oh boy... TV just went out... weather channel shows a big cell coming through again.. looks like we are up to a tornado warning now... guess I better go!*UPDATE*

Well...I am still here :-) and as Erin pointed out... I am still connected to the blogging world so everything is going to be just fine.

THEN... as I was going back to add the above update... I noticed that this was my 50th post! WooHoo! (not quite sure what making it to 50 posts mean... but I am excited... maybe some balloons or flowers... or maybe not...whatever :-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

as long as you don't lose access to the blogging world it will be ok! stay calm!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you are safe. What an intense night...and an intense 50th post! Congrats on making it to 50! :)