Thursday, March 20, 2008

You were right...

OK... this is for all you ladies out there who had been pestering me for so long.

I admit... YOU WERE RIGHT!
... and mostly to blame for why I haven't updated my blog since the blog party. I couldn't put the blasted thing down! And I guess I have come to realize that I am a slow reader... which is ok in this case... because I wanted to savor every moment of the book. (the slow reader part is the reason I haven't posted in a while- I have been too involved in the book to do anything else)

This is kind of a silly thing to confess... but I almost didn't want to finish the last few chapters... I didn't want it to come to an end!

This is the first book that I have started, finished, and really enjoyed since my AP English class in high school. Honest! I love books- I love books stores (not libraries so much- there's something about a new book that I love) I love to read- I collect books- I have tons I haven't read but want to- YET- with all that in mind... this is the 1st in a long long time! AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Here is a small summary I found on a review site:
Sold into prostitution in childhood, Angel is a bitter young woman who trusts no man. But when God tells Michael Hosea to marry her, she learns to love and hope---until fear overwhelms her and she returns to her former life. Can she be redeemed? A skillful retelling of the biblical story of Gomer and Hosea, set amid the California gold rush.

Check here to be able to read the first few pages of chapter 1. The cover is different but the book is the same.

Hummm... which one do I want to read next?!? Any suggestions?!?

6 comments:

Erin said...

I finally bought Atonement Child after several times of putting it back on the shelf, but I need to start reading it. So glad you got to read Redeeming Love! What an amazing gift Francine Rivers has of demonstrating God's nature through her writing!

Jessica said...

I don't have any suggestions because I'm pretty sure I haven't read many books lately myself. This book sounds very interesting. I may have to check it out, which means get it and let it sit on the shelf and collect dust! Have a great Easter!

Sheila said...

The Mark of the Lion Triology by her is also REALLY good. It's slow at first but picks up really fast and you're hooked again. That series has three books-- you'll be off blogger for a month!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just finished it Friday and really enjoyed it. I will email you more personally about it. I am proud of you! See, and you thought you weren't much of a reader! ha ha! Miss you! I think about you ladies a lot and wish you were here =) Did you get skype yet? I'm thankful for the reminder today of Jesus' exchange for us--my heart is redeemed and full of Him!

Mary Beth said...

Hey...I believe I had...oops still have Amy's copy. When I finally got around to reading it, I could not put it down either. I finished it in like 5 hours tops! I too did not want the book to end!

~Mary Beth

Alley said...

Becca! I love this book. My best friend from High School loaned me her copy years ago, and I had to get my own. I actually think I probably read it in our dorm. I definitely think it's one of the best works of fiction based on the bible that I've ever read. =o)